[Tlc] TLC-research project help

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Wed May 14 08:03:13 PDT 2008

Can anyone help on this project?
Thanks,
justin

Research Project on hospice facilities in Asia
Dong Heng, an Intercultural Hospice Association located in Berlin,
was founded
to offer culturally sensitive companionship to East Asian immigrants
during
the journey of dying and grieving. We are planning an expedition to
six Asian
countries to optimize our hospice work and gain a better
understanding for
mourning rituals and concepts of death of Asian immigrants in
Germany. During
our expedition we want to find out if there are any hospice
facilities and
focus on following questions: If there are no hospice facilities,
where do
people die? Who cares for and supports the dying? What are the death and
funeral rites? Do those rites differ between rural and industrial
areas? How
did concepts of death and dying change during the last 40 years?
If you know any funeral homes or hospice institutes in Thailand or
Vietnam we
would be grateful if you would kindly establish a contact.
Best regards,
Caroline Kim

justinm at ucr.edu