[Tlc] TLC-Hmong film and book

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Thu May 8 15:37:21 PDT 2008

FYI.
Thanks,
justin

My name is Kao Kalia Yang.  I'm a young writer who has made a film that might be of interest to the collection you're building on the Hmong.  It is a work about how memory haunts.  It's an object film, about 22 minutes long and available at:  http://www.vimeo.com/748923.  I think it'll be particularly useful for interests.  In addition, I have also written a book titled The Latehomecomer.  It was released in April from Coffee House Press, and is the first full-length literary work on the Hmong by a Hmong author in America.  It's received generous and strong reviews nationally.  You can learn of the book on the Coffee House Press website:  www.coffeehousepress.org, and on my website:  www.kaokaliayang.com.

I hope these two resources will be of use!

Kao Kalia Yang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSzQffmBmPI  (an interview for the Iowa Gazzette that's online)
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/05/06/latehomecomer/ (yesterday's Minnesota Public Radio segment on my book)

justinm at ucr.edu