[Tlc] Roxanna Brown: First feedback from Washington Congressional delegation

Charnvit Kasetsiri charnvitkasetsiri at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 23:51:51 PDT 2008

I wish our Representatives an Senators in Siam/Thailand are this responsible.
  Thank you.

  ck

Charles Keyes <keyes at u.washington.edu> wrote:
              Last week I sent a copy of the petition regarding the death of Roxanna Brown to the two US Senators from Washington State (Maria Cantwell and Patty Murray) and the US Congressman for the district in which the University is located (Jim McDermott). Today, I received the following letter from Senator Cantwell:

  "Thank you for contacting my office regarding your concern surrounding the death of Roxanna Brown. I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention and I have asked the Bureau of Prisons to respond to your concerns.
  "I will contact you again as soon as a response is available. If there is anything I cna do for you in the interim, please do not hestiate to contact my office."

  Maria Cantwell, United States Senator

      I also received a phone call from Representative McDermott's office, but I was not available and so I am to call back next week.

      I have heard nothing from either the Seattle Times or the Seattle P-I to whom I also sent the petition with a cover letter.

  Biff (Charles Keyes)

Charnvit Kasetsiri, Ph.D.

Senior Adviser and Lecturer
  Southeast Asian Studies Program
  Thammasat University
  Bangkok 10200, Siam (not Thailand)

  Secretary
Social Sciences and Humanities Textbook Foundation
  413/38 Arun-Amarin Rd.,
  Bangkok 10700, Siam
handphone 089-476-0505
e-mail: charnvitkasetsiri at yahoo.com;