[Tlc] TL-sports and culture

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Fri Feb 29 19:14:39 PST 2008

Forwarded from Hjorleifur Jonsson.
Thanks,
justin

Hi Justin,
Some years ago I had done a documentary on a sports and
culture festival
in the north of Thailand (Mien, who assembled in a village in
Chiangmai
Province). The flick is now on the web, though the link is
supposedly
temporary and we are meant to get a permanent site (which
means people
can then look for it, as is it cannot be found through a
search). Below
is the link to it, for anyone's potential delight/interest
(and I am
happy to allow classroom use, too). The film hopefully stands
on its
own, but I am can point to some readings for anyone interested.

Thanks, Leif

Hjorleifur Jonsson
Associate Professor of Anthropology, SHESC
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287-2402, USA
tel: main office 480-965-6213, fax: 480-965-7671
direct line: 480-965-7837
email: hjonsson at asu.edu

2617 Humanities Building
justinm at ucr.edu