[Tlc] TLC-google book search

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Mon Dec 22 17:54:17 PST 2008

Forwarded from the VSG list and Ryan Nelson.
Thanks,
justin

Attention researchers, Google Book Search is improving.

I’m not sure I’ve found a better research tool than Google Book Search. The engine has been immensely helpful to me.  If you’ve not tried it, V.S.G.ers, please do.  It’s, in my subjective opinion, better than Google Scholar Search or Google regular search.

And -- Happy Happy Joy Joy -- it’s only going to improve.

1. It will have more books.

2. Many of the site’s out-of-print books currently limited to “snippet” view will be made available for preview.

3. You’ll be able to purchase full online access to millions of books.

4. Institutional subscriptions will be made available to libraries and universities.

The website's author gave no date for the improved engine's debut.  He or she clarified no changes will be made until their lawsuit victory is finalized by the Court.  He or she hopes the changes will come soon.  I hope so, too.

For more information, view
http://books.google.com/googlebooks/agreement/#2

For the Google Books Search homepage, view
http://books.google.com/

Researchers of the World Unite!
Happy Kwanza, everybody
Peace