[Tlc] Forcing Thai People to Drink Alcohol

Shane Tarr shanetarr at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 22:32:02 PST 2008

Tis a wonderful law that one relating to retailers being liable to prison sentences for including alcoholic beverages in gift baskets. Obviously no-one has informed the Central Retail Group (some wit might argue this group is expempted because of services rendered in the past to the "forces of enlightment") that this is illegal but I am elated because it means this year none of my Thai colleagues and friends can expect "low-class" Chivas Regal and Johnny Walker from me and I can spend more on fine wines with some of the highest excise taxes in the world but that's okay because one can still drink in Thailand........

Shane Tarr, PhD
Freelance Development Consultant
61/33-34 Tipthani Condo
Soi 32, Bangna-Trad Road