[Tlc] T-back and forth editorial

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Mon Dec 1 18:08:47 PST 2008

Forwarded from Jennifer Gampell.
Thanks,
justin

This letter was written by a Thai and posted on the Bangkok Post forum in response to a PAD supporter’s letter justifying their actions.

Letter to PAD supporters
by Twilight Zone on Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:18 pm [124.120.142.xx]

To all PAD supporters destroying our country:

This letter is distributed by PAD to foreigners on November 26th

• “This is to clarify the situation here in Thailand as I believe the foreign press have formed the conclusion that the PAD has little chance of winning this final battle to topple the Nominee Government of Somchai Wongsawat, the brother-in-law of former PM Thaksin Shinawatra.

Before I say anything else, I'd like to stress here the the PAD's policy is to use ONLY peaceful means and we have proved our intention by using only reason for the last six months. However, the continuous and nearly daily violence and murderous acts committed against us have come from either the Government, or its representatives, the red-shirted United Frong of Democracy against Dictatorship, which are trying everything in their power to pave the way for the return of Thaksin Shinawatra to become the first President of Thailand.

The aim of the PAD is to rebuild a country based on integrity, honesty, freedom from corruption and fairness from all Thais: all this together with the absolute determination to maintain and honour the Monarchy. We have the most wonderful and exceptional \\\ ////// who has reigned over his people with wisdom and love as the rest of the world is well aware.

Practically the whole of Thailand from all walks of life has converged onto Bangkok to support the PAD. We are not being paid to be here to use violence to get our way. We are not here to support a handful of corrupt politicians serving only one man who wants to divide our country. But we are here by choice, we are here to share an ideal, we are here to realize our goal which is to rebuild our country into a better place for the 60-odd million citizens. It's actually not a question of "winning or losing" -- it's the reality of achieving what is good and right for our country -- Thailand.”

That is the most stupid letter, written by the most delusional PAD author. The people who believe its content should have their IQ checked if it is above 80 or not. Or they should consult psychiatrists to see if they have been brainwashed by a bunch of fools, and how to cure it. Or they should check with their spiritual advisor to see if they felt under the Voodoo spell of some sorcerer wearing white and spraying them with “holy water”, and how to come out of it. (One way might be to put a few used sanitary napkins in front of their houses or better yet on their heads).

I was a lecturer in management at Thailand’s #1 university so I know how bad our educational system is. Sad to say many “educated” Thai people are not taught to be independent thinkers. They can’t think two steps beyond what is put in front of them. That is why they are so easily misled, even by a bunch of dubious characters with no good pasts.

Let me try to summarize a few points here:-

PAD WANTS TO DO AWAY WITH CORRUPTION AND CREATE AN IDEAL SOCIETY.

This is taken from the Wikipedia
“Utopia is a name for an ideal community, taken from the title of a book written in 1516 by Sir Thomas More describing a fictional island in the Atlantic Ocean, possessing a seemingly perfect socio-politico-legal system. The term has been used to describe both intentional communities that attempted to create an ideal society, and fictional societies portrayed in literature. "Utopia" is sometimes used pejoratively, in reference to an unrealistic ideal that is impossible to achieve.”

I stress the word “pejoratively”, “fictional”, “unrealistic ideal” and “impossible to achieve”. I think all the PAD supporters are duped by a bunch of con men promising them “Utopia”.

It is easy to point to anyone or any government and accuse them of corruptions and wrongdoings. If you go on ASTV stage long enough, you can demonize anyone. (Don’t get me wrong, I think our Dr. T is not such a good man either). If you point the finger at Mr. G.W. and accuse and slander him long enough, he is not so clean either. It is not such a big secret that some group of his friends must be making more money than God from this “War on Terror”. But do the American people come out and start destroying their country “for the good of their country”?

If the PAD leaders tell you they can eradicate corruption and you believe them, have you looked at all their personal pasts? I tell you here that none of them looks like sinless angel to me. Are you sure you want these people as your leaders? Is your brain turned on?

PAD WANTS ‘NEW POLITICS’
Has anybody found out from their core leaders yet what this means? Does it mean to take away the voting rights of the poor because they are “too stupid” to vote? It is my long held belief that education can make one “educated”, but “educated” doesn’t mean one can’t be stupid. (Even I am stupid sometimes, but hopefully not all the time).

And whoever says they can take away voting rights from the poor must be dreaming. I am sure these people will die defending the democratic rights given to them by \\\ ////// \\ //// 7. Therefore this “New Politics” is way beyond impossible.

So now who want to give up their voting rights? How can you be sure you are not classified as stupid by them? (By the way, have you checked your IQ yet?). How do you know they won’t take “your” voting power away?

But wait, do the PAD supporters realize they are consequentially transferring their power as people to these stupid PAD leaders already? These leaders want to take away their voting rights and they don’t even know it. How stupid can they be?

If these PAD leaders get their way and can kick out anyone they don’t like, they can also put anyone they like (ie. puppet) in power and they will enjoy more power than God. WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!

Stupid is to let a group of dubious “leaders” with zero objective lead them on the quest to destroy our own country. Let me say it loud and clear STUPID, STUPID, STUPID and WAKEUP!

THE PAD IS A ‘PEACEFUL’ MOVEMENT
What a load of crap. The first guy who died was from the “red” side shot in the back by who knows who. And then on October 7, the PAD went on breaking all the laws and keep up the provocation until somebody hit them in the head. Now they come out being crybabies and say that they were bullied and making the big deal of it. Try taking over the White House and see what happens.

And why such denial over the TV footage of these “unarmed” PAD guards shooting (must be imaginary) pistols wildly at everyone including innocent bystanders. Oh I forgot, it was “self defense”. But ummh, I don’t see the red side shooting back at them. Maybe the TV man was biased? Well, whatever.

THE PAD HAS THE RIGHT TO PROTEST ‘PEACEFULLY’ UNDER THE PROTECTION OF THE CONSTITUTION.
Read this carefully all the PAD supporters: The constitution allows anybody the rights to “peaceful” protest, meaning you can’t trample on the rights of others.

Taking over the Government House, putting shame on the country, blocking traffic all around, blocking kids going to school to get their badly needed education, seizing the Don Muang Airport, going on Don Muang Tollway and rammed through the toll gates and not pay a single baht, going on shooting sprees, and most idiotic of all shutting our gateway to the world, Suvarnabhumi causing untold damages to “our” beloved country.

And you say you should be protected by the constitution? Have you have your IQ rechecked yet? Congratulations if it is over 80. (Mind having it checked again?)

THE PAD HAS TO DO IT THIS WAY FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY. MEANING “DESTROYING THE COUNTRY FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY”
What country are you talking about? What good? I am pretty good at economics and I say since this sidewalk circus has started, and many more years to come Thailand will lose “trillions” of baht. (For those whose IQ might be below 80, 1 trillion = 1 million millions).

The unbelievably selfish and a..hole PAD leaders came out to say that all the tourists suffered “minor” inconveniences, and it is ok because they will understand the PAD’s fight for the “good of the country”. He even blamed the government for all this damage because Somchai refused to quit.

So you think the tourists will give a rat \\\ ///// if they are fighting for “the good of the country”? They want to go home to see their loved ones, to conduct their businesses, some to go get medical treatments for their lives.

And now any group of people can just take over the airport and demand anybody to quit? To get what they want or else? Are you kidding me? Isn’t that something called ransom or extortion, or really terrorism?

I hope their mothers lie dying on some death beds and they are stuck in Hong Kong and can’t fly back. I hope they feel it is alright too.

THE PAD IS JOINED BY PEOPLE OF VARIOUS PROFESSIONS, MOSTLY ‘EDUCATED’ AND BANGKOK ‘ELITE’.
Let me brag a little, I got an engineering degree from U.S.A. and an MBA with highest distinction from one of the best business schools in the world. My family is also quite well to do. I should be the poster child of “educated Bangkok elite”. I also know hundreds of well educated and “smart” people who won’t go near the PAD with a short stick. But I don’t see anyone looking like me or my friends in the yellow crowd.

All I see are some old women or some gun toting street thugs. All with the brainwashing “hand clappers” in their hands, shaking them every few minutes when their leaders tell them to do so, reinforcing the hatred, dirt, and obvious \\ //// into their own heads.

The comments from the PAD supporters are good indication of this because they don’t contain any relevancies. They are just simple minded messages bored into their brains by these devious leaders. These messages are highly hypocritical and anyone with IQ over 80 should be able to see through the thinly veiled \\ ////. Alas! Such is not the case. It is sad to see so many “educated” people fall for them and have become their brainless pawns.

Some people jump on this bandwagon because they want to be the “elite” or even “save the nation’ heroes. I think the nation now needs saving from the destruction being caused by the PAD more.

If you are not blind, look at the stupid yellow crowd again. Are you sure those are the elites? If they are, I have to upgrade myself to the “Super duper elite”. They are sure not my crowd.

Now I am beginning to see how Hitler could have done it.

PEOPLE WHO DON’T MAKE THE CHOICE TO COME OUT AND JOIN PAD ARE NOT PATRIOTIC, AND ‘TAKING AWAY DOGS’ CHANCES TO GET BORN (Ching Mah Guerd).
Who the f..k are they to say that? I am sure I am quite handsome and looking less like a dog than Mr. Sondhi. Look around you. There are 63 million people in Thailand, but PAD supporters might be less than 1 million. (We are seeing only tens of thousands). Let’s see, if I use a bit of mathematical genius that I possess, that’s less than 2%, surely not the majority.

But I can say that most Thai people are very patriotic. And by being patriotic, they have made the choice not to join the stupid PAD on the rampage to destroy the country they love. YES, WE HAVE MADE THE CHOICE NOT TO JOIN THE STUPID PAD BECAUSE WE ARE NOT STUPID.

SOMCHAI HAS TO QUIT OR THERE IS NO NEGOTIATION
Why? Let me give a few scenarios:
Scenario 1: Somchai quits, PPP proposes a new PM, PAD doesn’t like him and come out again. Economy collapses.
Scenario 2: House is dissolved, new election is called, PPP comes back in whatever form, new PM proposed, PAD doesn’t like him and come out again.
Scenario 3: House is dissolved, new election is called, Democrats wins, Abhisit becomes PM, PAD leaders approve (meaning Abhisit owes them “big favor”), red side doesn’t like him, take over the airports again.
Scenario 4: People start killing each other, the military stages a coup, new military PM, nobody has a clue how to run the economy especially during world recession, country thrown back 5 more years in addition to 5 years from the last military government, economy collapses, Thai people are seen living on the streets starving for the first time in history.
Scenario 5,6,7…………

All in all, bad precedents to the way our lives are governed.

THE PAD IS FIGHTING TO PROTECT THE MONARCHY.
Please leave our revered \\\ ////// alone. It is just blasphemy to use his name in vain. I can guarantee you that almost every Thai loves the \\\ ////// so dearly and thinks he has attained God like status already.

If all the PAD’s accusations on this matter are true, Dr. T. must be the most stupid man even to think of touching him. If his fortune teller tells him that he is the re-incarnation of \\\ ////// Taksin, just because his name is Thaksin, and he believes it, he should have his IQ checked immediately also. (By the way, have you yet?)

Just by the virtue of him being the greatest \\\ ////// we ever have, please leave him alone. I don’t think he needs any protection by mere mortals like you and me.

But if he sees you causing so much damages to the country he loves, do you think he thinks you love him? HAVE YOU WOKEN UP YET?

Whew! I see I have written 10 pages! But I feel relieved to get it out of my system. I do hope that the PAD supporters read this post, and if I can turn one of them to see the light, I have succeeded in doing my part for the country.

I do wish Thailand the best. Those who have read my posts in various forums would know I am neutral, but it is getting harder to remain so because the PAD has gone too far destroying our homeland. This damage will take years to recover from. No matter what the stupid PAD core leaders try to play down the damages, Ten Thaksins couldn’t do this much damage to our country.

The PAD and its followers are the real terrorists.

Tothe PAD FOLLOWERS: Please stop it now! You are being duped big time. Please come out of your denial too, and go see a doctor (not the PAD ones) to get your brain washed of all the \\ //// they put in you.

By the way, my “educated elite” wife left that morning for Munich and is stuck and can’t come back. I told her that this mob might close down Suvarnabhumi but she didn’t believe it was possible. I can only tell her “I told you so. Anything is possible with these selfish fools”

justinm at ucr.edu