[Tlc] TLC-CSIS SEA initiative

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 7 09:20:25 PDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

I understand from Derek Mitchell, who heads the new CSIS Southeast Asia
Initiative (and serves as CSIS Asia Director more broadly) that CSIS has
gotten some seed money from the Thai government for the program.  This is
in keeping with MOFA's initiative in recent years to provide support for
Southeast Asian studies at US universities and policy studies institutions.
My own university, Georgetown, receives partial funding from the Thai
Embassy in Washington for the Thai Studies Program.

The newsletter that Mike mentions is actually the CSIS SEA program's second
one.  The first issue featured an article by Surin Pitsuwan who has just
taken up his position as Secretary General of ASEAN.  As the publication
shows, the program covers all of Southeast Asia, and CSIS is happy to put
people on their mailing list (for the newsletter, invitations and other
updates).  T/L/C-ers can register via the CSIS website.

Best,
Catharin