[Tlc] T-Thai Studies Conference

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Thu May 17 12:28:02 PDT 2007

Call for papers for 2008 Thai Studies Conference

Theme: Histories of Violence

Dear Colleagues,

I am organizing panels on Histories of Violence that would fit
within the broader theme of Thai History in Global Contexts
for the 10th International Conference on Thai Studies
(Thammasat University, Bangkok, 9-11 January 2008).

Those of you working on the histories of criminality, law,
intimate violence, gender and sexual violence, the police, and
related topics are welcome to submit your abstracts to me at
TL14 at cornell.edu. Because the larger theme is Thai history in
global context, I encourage the submission of abstracts that
contain both a historical and comparative component. I will
organize them into related sub-themes and send them to the
conference organizers.

Include in your submission your name, address, institutional
affiliation, email, the proposed title of your paper and an
abstract (less that 250 words). Send them to me by 10 June
2007 so that I can organize and submit them to the conference
organizers by their deadline of 15 June.

The conference papers and abstracts should be submitted in
English but the presentations can be in either Thai or
English. For more information, please see the conference
website at: http://www.thaiconference.tu.ac.th/index.html

Many thanks,

Tamara Loos
Associate Professor, History