[Tlc] T-Thai-U.S. relations

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Thu May 10 21:23:57 PDT 2007

Dear All,

I am just returning from the “Conference on Thailand-U.S.
Relations” organized by the Thai Embassy in Washington DC.
While I will not offer my views on individual papers. There
were many very good ones. This conference drew participation
by members of the Thai Studies program at Georgetown, the Bank
of Thailand, the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace,
the Thai Ministry of Commerce, the Prajadhipok Institute, the
US Department of Commerce, the US Department of Defense,
Chulalongkorn University, Thammasat University, Ramkhamhaeng
University, the US Department of State, the Asia Foundation,
and well as scholars from Northern Illinois University,
Cornell, SAIS, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, University of
Wisconsin-Madison, USC, UCR, and the University of Oregon. I
thought those interested in Thai-U.S. relations, trade
treaties, political relations, etc. might be interested in the
itinerary, topics, and list of speakers. I took detailed notes
and I am perfectly happy to talk with people off list about
the conference talks. Please see the program for the
conference attached.

Thanks,

2617 Humanities Building
justinm at ucr.edu