[Tlc] Asia Sentinel

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Thu Mar 1 07:58:45 PST 2007

I thought I might alert you to our latest project, a nearly
unprecedented three-month investigation into the Crown
Property Bureau, the property holdings of Thailand's royal
family, the first critical look at them in perhaps 25 years.
We describe the history of the CPB, how it got started, how it
was saved during the Asia Financial Crisis by the government,
its political clout, how it is reshaping Bangkok, the future
implications for Bangkok's residents as increasingly the CPB
redevelops the city. We carry the story today in two parts.
You can find it at
http://asiasentinel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=402&Itemid=32

Asia Sentinel is a new regional Internet-based magazine of
news, comment and analysis covering 23 countries in Asia.

Anonymous Posting

2617 Humanities Building
justinm at ucr.edu