[Tlc] vientiane times

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Fri Aug 18 20:21:40 PDT 2006

Here is a message from our member Eleanor Lipat:

Hello,
I am a UCLA doctoral student currently doing research in Lao
PDR.  Since I
am volunteering at the English-language Vientiane Times
Newspaper, I learned
of a newly available resource for anyone interested in Lao
current events.

All Vientiane Times back issues are now available for sale on
CD-ROM.  The
more recent editions are in PDF format in their original copy
layout,
including all articles, color photos and advertisements in an
easily
searchable format.  The following discs are available:

January-December 2001-2003
January-December 2004
January-December 2005
January-current 2006 (end date determined by the time of your
order)

Prices vary per disc.  Please email your order to
vttimes at hotmail.com.
You can also subscribe to the newspaper online at
www.vientianetimes.org.la.
Libraries may inquire regarding ongoing subscription
arrangements in
alternative file formats.

For more information contact:
info at vientianetimes.gov.la