[Research] Deadline Extended to April 7th -– Manuscript & Grant Writing Workshops

Ursula N Prins ursula.prins at ucr.edu
Wed Apr 5 15:41:41 PDT 2023

**Please disseminate to individuals in your department who may be interested in attending**

[cid:187529475eb5b16b22]

DEADLINE EXTENDED 1 WEEK–April 7

Spring 2023 Grant Proposal &
Manuscript Writing Workshops

A PROFESSIONALLY-LED EXPERIENCE

Faculty of California United in Scholarship (FOCUS) invite you to apply. Designed for researchers developing a book project or grant proposal.

Saturday-Sunday
MAY 20-21, 2023
@ UC Davis (in person only)

This special two-day program has two opportunities:

MANUSCRIPT WRITERS
8 selected applicants will join Elena K. Abbott<https://www.inkblotterseattle.com/>, PhD, for manuscript writing workshops, a one-on-one coaching session, and dedicated writing time in community. This workshop setting is designed to help researchers develop a single chapter of a book project-in-progress. To best take advantage of the guidance Dr. Abbott will provide, we ask that applicants have a chapter drafted and ready to share by late April with her.

GRANT PROPOSAL WRITERS
8 selected applicants will join Madeleine Kahn<http://mkahnphd.com/>, PhD, for grant writing workshops, a one-on-one coaching session, and dedicated writing time in community. This workshop setting is designed to help researchers develop a grant proposal for a large-scale funding opportunity. To best take advantage of the guidance Dr. Kahn will provide, we ask that applicants have a proposal in draft form and to share by early May with her.

Hotel and transportation will be paid for attendees coming from southern California and/or Berkeley.

APPLICATIONS DUE: March 31 at 5:00pm. Notifications of acceptance will go out in early April.

LEARN MORE & APPLY TODAY<https://diversity.ucdavis.edu/focus>

[cid:187529475eb692e333]
FOCUS<https://ucdavis.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=311f065a96594273207ea2134&id=bd4f1b936b&e=5e67329dd3> is a University of California, Office of President Advancing Faculty Diversity<https://ucdavis.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=311f065a96594273207ea2134&id=a861ee2821&e=5e67329dd3> Climate and Retention grant award to UC Davis, in partnership with UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, UC Riverside, and UC San Diego.

[cid:187529475eb7745b44]
Elena Abbott is a writing consultant and developmental editor who specializes in helping authors bring their ideas to life in a way that will resonate with readers and create impact. Her approach blends mindful productivity practices with structural and narrative writing techniques to help authors get the most out of their writing practice, make measurable progress on their projects, and create the best books they can.
[cid:187529475eb8546ed5]
Madeleine Kahn collaborates with individuals and institutions to develop strategic plans, accreditation narratives, and effective grant proposals. Together we will situate your work within a context that clearly shows its value, and we'll use every required piece of your proposal to tell your powerful story. I hope to meet each of you via Zoom before our weekend workshop to jump-start our collaboration. During the workshop I will help you develop relationships and tools that will nourish an ongoing writing community for you.
[Forward to a colleague]<https://us19.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=311f065a96594273207ea2134&id=224adabd3e&e=%5bUNIQID%5d>
Forward to a colleague<https://us19.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=311f065a96594273207ea2134&id=224adabd3e&e=%5bUNIQID%5d>

[Twitter]<http://www.twitter.com/ucd_diversity>

[Instagram]<http://instagram.com/ucd_diversity/>

[Website]<http://diversity.ucdavis.edu/focus>

Copyright © 2023 UC Davis, Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, All rights reserved.