[Office-of-research] Multiple Changes to Take Effect on August 1, 2006

Bruce Morgan bruce.a.morgan at cox.net
Sun Jul 30 23:06:05 PDT 2006

Please remember that several changes in Sponsored Programs Administration
(SPA) will take effect on August 1.  The complete announcement about the
changes is available on the OR web site under the News section
<http://or.ucr.edu/News/News.aspx?K=31> .

The changes include the following:

*	Moving to a team organizational structure
*	The option to electronically submit proposals to SPA via
Proposals at ucr.edu
*	SPA will acknowledge the receipt of proposals via an e-mail to the
PI and department C & G Analyst
*	SPA will review proposals in the order received

These changes are designed to address concerns raised by department
administrators and principal investigators, as well as to address and
improve SPA's ability to more appropriately allocate human resources in
response to workload fluctuations.

SPA has revised the Obtaining
<http://or.ucr.edu/SP/Lifecycle/Prepare/Endorsement.aspx#top>  Institutional
Review and Endorsement section of the OR web site by adding information
about these changes.  It is hoped that by using a question and answer format
this page will clarify several issues related to campus and University of
California requirements for institutional review and approval of proposals.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would disseminate this reminder
announcement broadly within your respective departments and schools.

I am available to discuss or answer any questions regarding these changes.
Alternatively, if your unit has a number of questions or would like to have
a presentation regarding these changes and/or other issues related to SPA, I
would be please to meet with the faculty and staff in your unit.

I may be reached at the above e-mail address or by calling (951) 827-5535.

Bruce Morgan

Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research

Office of Research